Sunday, August 5, 2007

Road Trip-Day 2: Wednesday, July 18th


We got up early on on Saturday to head on the road towards our destination of Columbus, Ohio and what do I see when I turn on the computer to check the weather but this ad! IT WAS A SIGN! Meant to be! Because at that very moment it WAS raining in Rochester! Ha!
We left Brian's apartment, made our obligitory coffee stop and headed out west on 90 towards Niagra Falls. We arrived in town by 9:00 and apparently the only people who are sightseeing in Niagra Falls at 9:00 am on a Wednesday morning were us and the Amish! The falls were absolutely gorgeous and I was really glad we stopped b/c I had only seen them briefly before from a distance on the Canadian side. We took our pictures, paid the $1 to go to the overhang and get a better shot, and were out of there by 10:00, back on the road. We finally left NY, went through PA for about an hour, and then drove through Ohio till we arrived in Columbus at my best friend Ally's apartment around 4:00. I was so excited to see her, haven't seen her since Christmas and we talk almost everday! It was great to make a stop there and go out for a drink on the town. I didn't get to see a lot of Columbus, but what I did, I definitely liked!!!
Next time I see Ally she will be visiting me in Colorado!!

No comments: