Sunday, August 5, 2007

Let's start with the Road Trip- Day 1: Tuesday, July 17th



So our (and by our I mean my best friend Jess and I), our journey to Colorado began late on July 17th from my house in Vermont. We said goodbye to family and friends, and so although we wanted to leave at 5:00pm, the hugging and crying delayed our departure till closer to 6:00pm. Eventually we were off and headed to our first stop at my apartment in Schenectady to pick up a few last items, which I acutally fit into my already jam packed car...see all the space saver bags in the back!



After having our lives threatened one last time in Schenectady (we had to say goodbye to a friend and let me tell you, the parking lot of Burger King late at night is not the place to do it) I finally left my home of two years (six if you count school) and started driving west! Was I sad? yes and no. Sad to leave my friends and coworkers from the Capital District, sad to leave my family, but not sad to move out of upstate ny and begin a new life! Our drive to Rochester was pretty uneventful. Jess and I practiced using the walkie-talkies we brought with us, which was a fantastic idea and I highly suggest doing that for any multi-car road trips. We arrived at Jess' brother's apartment in Rochester around midnight, in the pouring rain, and I easily passed out on the couch, resting up for the long trip ahead of us.

No comments: